Johnson & Bell’s Environmental practice group offers a wide range of environmental litigation, regulatory counseling, permitting and transactional services to manufacturers, transporters, retailers, real estate developers, landowners, construction contractors, and municipalities. Our trial attorneys practice before federal and state civil and criminal courts and administrative tribunals, including the U.S. Courts of Appeals and the U.S. Supreme Court. Our lawyers also have experience with federal and state enforcement personnel in most EPA regions, as well as with officials within the EPA and the Department of Justice in Washington, D.C.
Additional services Include:
- Defense of governmental claims in all major federal environmental statutes, including CERCLA (Superfund), RCRA, TSCA, the Clean Air Act (CAA), the Clean Water Act (CWA), and state environmental laws
- Defense of private party toxic tort and property diminution lawsuits associated with environmental cleanups
- Representation of environmental engineering and consulting firms in connection with professional negligence claims
- Counsel concerning the interpretation and applicability of federal, state and local statutes, regulations, policies and permits
- Advice on reporting and remediation obligations in connection with spills, RCRA corrective action plans, and OSHA hazard communication standards