Business Litigation Representative Cases
- Represented former president of golf equipment manufacturer in shareholder derivative action against former officers and accountants.
- Obtained preliminary injunction on behalf of manufacturer of computer networking equipment enjoining its former employees from using its trade secrets in a new competing enterprise.
- Represented national manufacturer of football helmets and shoulder pads in suit seeking to prevent competitor from illegally using technology contained in manufacturer’s pending patent application.
- Represented a manufacturer of insulated cargo blankets in an unfair competition and trademark infringement claim in federal court that resulted in a substantial settlement in favor of the manufacturer and trademark holder.
- Received a directed verdict in favor of real estate appraisers charged with overvaluing an office building in a suit by a national bank. The bank charged that the allegedly faulty appraisal caused it to issue a loan that was in excess of the property’s value. The bank further contended that the loan later defaulted, causing the bank more than $2 million in damages. After six days of trial before a jury, the judge granted a directed verdict in favor of the real estate appraisers.
- Successfully defended law firm charged with malpractice stemming from its representation of a former client in the sale of an internet business. The former client charged that the law firm failed to provide for a “cashless exercise” of securities that were given in exchange for the business, thereby triggering a one-year holding period under applicable securities laws before the securities could be sold. After a two-week trial, a jury returned a “not guilty” verdict that was later upheld on appeal.
- Represented property owners in a dispute with national advertising company regarding lease of commercial property.