William K. McVisk: Presentations & Publications
- Author, "Illinois Supreme Court Rules That TCPA Damages are Insurable", Johnson & Bell Insurance Newsletter, Summer 2013.
- Co-author, “Risk Shifting in Construction: The Use of Indemnity Agreements and Insurance Coverage to Allocate Risk Among the Parties to Construction Contracts,” Illinois Association of Defense Trial Counsel Quarterly, Vol. 10, No. 1.
- Author, “The Attorney Client and Work Product Privileges in Insurance Litigation,” DRI In House Defense Quarterly (Third Quarter 2007).
- Coauthor, The IDC Monograph: “Insurance Coverage for Defense Counsel: A Primer,”IDC Quarterly (First Quarter 2006)
- Author, The IDC Monograph: “Insurance Law: Defining the Contours of the Duty to Defend,”IDC Quarterly (First Quarter, 2002).
- Author, The IDC Monograph: “Allocating Loss Between Self-Insurance and Insurance,”IDC Quarterly (First Quarter 1999).
- Additional Insureds and Targeted Tenders an Anaylysis of Illinois Law
- Illinois Supreme Court Holds that Duty to Defend Is Triggered by Insured’s Allegations in Counterclaim & Affirmative Defense, Johnson & Bell Insurance Coverage Newsletter, Spring 2010
- "An Introduction to Defending TCPA Claims and Litigating TCPA Insurance Coverage Issues," ALFA International's Insurance Practice Group Webinar, October 2015.
- "Protecting Your Organization from Data Breaches -- the Legal Perspective," Life Services Network Annual Meeting, May 2, 2014.
- PLRB/LIRB Claims Conference, "Third-Party Insurance Disputes," Indianapolis, IN, March 16-19, 2014.
- "Adventures in Shifting Risk - Illinois & Indiana Perspectives," Johnson & Bell Insurance Seminar, September 12, 2013.
- “Legal Risks Presented by Behavioral Health Patients and Strategies to Reduce Those Risks,” Clarity Group, Chicago, Illinois, June 18, 2009.
- PLRB/LIRB Claims Conference, “Extrinsic Evidence and the Duty to Defend,” Seattle, Washington, March 23-25, 2009.
- “Top Ten Ways to Pay More Than You Should For A Claim In Illinois,” Markel Insurance Company and Colony Insurance Company, Richmond, Virginia, September 3-5, 2008.
- PLRB/LIRB Claims Conference, “Wrongful Death – Claims Handling and Defense,” Boston, Massachusetts, April 13-16, 2008.
- PLRB/LIRB Claims Conference, “Risk Shifting in Construction: Third Party Actions for Contribution & Additional Insured Coverage to Allocate Risk Among the Parties to Construction Projects,”Orlando, Florida, March 17-18, 2007.
- PLRB/LIRB Northeast Regional Conference, “New Developments in Case Law Constructing the Commercial General Liability Policy,” Schaumberg, Illinois, September 6-7, 2006.
- ISBA Medical Malpractice Section Council, “Physician, Insurer and Legal Counsel Relationship,” Chicago, Illinois, April 20, 2006.
- NAMIC Claims Conference, “Targeted Tenders and Additional Insureds,”Savannah, Georgia, January 26, 2006.