Matthew L. Johnson: Presentations & Publications
- "Anatomy of High Risk - High Stakes Lawsuit: From Incident to 'Not Guilty' Verdict", Johnson & Bell Medical Liability Seminar, May 3, 2012.
- "Preventing a Lawsuit When the Inevitable Bad Outcome Occurs," Advocate South Suburban Hospital Physician Practice Improvement, June 16, 2010.
- Panelist, "Risk Management Considerations in Radiology," Chicago Hospital Risk Management Society (CHRMS) webinar, Sept. 25, 2009.
- "Never Events", presented at the Physician Practice Improvement Seminar, Advocate South Suburban Hospital, Hazel Crest, IL, April 15, 2009.
- "Keeping Lawyers at Bay: Transparency and Completeness in Medical Record Keeping and Documentation," presented at the Physician Practice Improvement Conference at Advocate South Suburban Hospital, Hazel Crest, Illinois, Jan. 28, 2009.
- "Specific Torts," presented with Michael T. Gill of Pfaff & Gill, P.C., before Illinois State Bar Association (ISBA), June 29, 2007.
- "Gov. Quinn Signs Bill for Higher Fees in Med Mal Cases", Johnson & Bell Health Care Newsletter, Winter 2013
- "The Successful Defense of an Informed Consent Case", For the Defense, September 2012 (Click here for the article)
- "Expert Witness Selection Requires Preparation", Chicago Daily Law Bulletin, October 6, 2011
- Co-Author, “10 Years Later, Section 2-622, 90 Day Extension Rule Invalidated &
Defendants Stripped of a Valuable Defense,” Johnson & Bell, Ltd. Health Care Newsletter Summer 2008
- Defense Verdict for Hospital Reinstated; "Missing Witness" Issue , Illinois Caselaw Update, March 28, 2008
- Forum Non Conveniens, Illinois Caselaw Update, June 19, 2008 (Click here for the article)